Hongkong Post Periodicals Service offers customers a reliable delivery service with substantial postage savings. This service, which caters for information-oriented periodicals* such as magazines, journals and research papers of general interests, includes cost effective rates for both local and overseas mailings.
||Each title has to be registered and pre-approved by the Hongkong Post Financial Services Division prior to posting.
||At least three (3) issues a year (local and international mail, issue frequency for the first year shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis)
- Primarily paper-based, non-fragile and information-oriented content, such as magazines, journals and research papers of general interests. Not applicable to company reports, direct mail catalogues and commercial advertising materials. Inserts may be included as long as such inclusion does not affect the nature of the publication, and it is not being used as a means of advertising or delivering goods on a commercial or regular basis. The maximum number of inserts is three sheets.
- Customers in using the service shall agree Hongkong Post officers to inspect the content at posting and during mail processing.
- A Permit No.* has to be applied for each title at the Financial Services Division prior to posting.
- The Permit indicator should be printed at the top right-hand corner of the envelope.
- If translucent plastic wrapper is not used, the title name must be printed on the outer envelope.
- Senders shall show the Permit Mail Authority Card to the staff of acceptance office in each posting.
- Before posting, senders must prepare their bulk posting statements on the "EC-Ship" online portal, ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk.
||Delivery within 3 working days after day of posting
(Note: Sundays and public holidays are excluded for the purpose of determining the date of posting for all mail items and for performance measurement under the performance pledges.)
|Minimum posting quantity
- Minimum quantity per title per posting:
500 items; and
- Minimum total posting quantity per title in a calendar year:
2,000 items (Posting quantity for the first year shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis.)
(Failure to meet the issue frequency, number of postings or quantity requirement will automatically invalidate the title’s eligibility for Local or/and International Periodicals Service. Re-activation for the respective service(s) is required and will be accepted only after a lapse of a calendar year.)
- Minimum 3 postings of separate issues in a calendar year. (The number of postings for the first year shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis.)
|Segregation / pre-sort requirements
- All items should be printed with the respective delivery office (DO) codes and pre-sorted to DO according to the information provided by Hongkong Post, click here to view the detailed requirements. Click here to view the packing reference. Click here to view the preparation of the respective section of the posting statement at EC-ship.
- All items should be identical in size, shape and weight, and bundled or boxed in 10 or multiple of 10 with address label in one direction.
|Weight of item not exceeding||Postage|
Size and Weight Limits
||2kg or below
||same as the size of normal mail letters and packets