The postage rates of bulk posting of lightweight mail items (air) should be applied if the following conditions are met :-
- Items not exceeding 50 g sent to Croatia, Egypt, France, Germany, United Kingdom, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates or Viet Nam; AND
- Posting of 1,500 items or more per day, or 5,000 items or more over a 2-week period to addressees in the same destination by a single mailer.
Normal postage rates of other services including Bulk Air Mail service and Air Mail service will not be applicable to the above circumstances.
The service comes with the following features:
Most of the service features are the same as for Bulk Air Mail service, i.e.
- Minimum weight for each mail bag in the same posting is to be set at 7 kg.
- We will accept mail bags with weight below 7 kg but the postage, which is based on the calculation of the average item weight upon posting, will be levied according to the weight of 7 kg.
- Each bag: 30 kg (20 kg for United Kingdom and Switzerland)
- Posting method -- permit mailing.
- Permit mailing account on the posting statement will be used for identification in the same posting. Mails bearing the same permit mailing account will be regarded as the same posting. For example, mails sent in different consignments bearing the same permit mailing account will be counted as the same posting.
- All the items within the same weight step (not exceeding 50 g) for a single destination or Office of Exchange should be contained in a mail bag.
- With effect from 1 January 2018, posting arrangement for “residual bag” is discontinued.
- For mail sent to France, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Russia and Switzerland, customers are required to presort their mail by mail format on top of destination or Office of Exchange, if applicable ((please click here to see the details of “Classification of Mail by Format”). Packet (E) should be sorted into bags separated from bags containing Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G).
- Customers who post the mail to the above destinations are required to indicate mail classification by format. An abbreviation (PG) should be indicated on the label (Post 4N13) of a bag containing only Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G). For mail bag containing only Packet (E), an abbreviation (E) should be indicated on the bag label.
The cover of individual items should bear
- the full address of the recipient, including post codes (if applicable).
- an airmail label or airmail indication.
- Mails should not bear a non-Hong Kong return address or enclose mails sent on behalf of other senders in Hong Kong. A sortation fee of $5/kg will be charged if the mail is not pre-sorted in accordance with the "Bulk Air Mail" service requirements.
- Senders must settle any underpaid postage and related charges. Should the administration of destination discover any underpaid item, we have the right to claim the underpaid postage in accordance with the regulations of the Universal Postal Union.
- Varies according to different destinations indicated on "Postage Rates and Services - Section 8 : Air Mail Latest Times of Posting and Delivery Standard (POS 15)" of www.hongkongpost.hk
Despatch outward bulk air mail items, posted before the advertised latest time for posting, to the designated air carrier, subject to availability of flights
- Non-peak periods (March to October) – Within 3 working days
- Peak periods (November to February) – Within 7 working days
- Sundays and public holidays are excluded for the purpose of determining the date of posting for mail items and for performance measurement under the performance pledges.
(Effective from 1 January 2018)
Average weight per item not exceedingper item (HK$)
India, Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Viet NamGroup 1 destinations
France, Germany, United Kingdom, New Zealand and SwitzerlandGroup 2 destinations
Croatia, Egypt, Japan, Russia and United Arab EmiratesGroup 3 destinations
* For mail sent to France, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Russia and Switzerland, customers are required to presort their mail by format. Packet (E) should be sorted into bags separated from bags containing Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G).
||Apply to the Postmaster General (Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Hong Kong) beforehand to use the permit mail service.
||Prepare the bulk posting statement on the “EC-Ship” on-line portal (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk).
||Collect postal stationery, i.e. mail bags and bag labels from the bulk acceptance offices for preparation of mail prior to posting.
||Post mail at a designated bulk acceptance office.
||Make payment either through a Hongkong Post deposit account or in cash, EPS or cheques (by prior arrangement with the Director (Finance)) at the time of posting.
||You will receive transaction summary after posting.
||30 kg (20 kg for United Kingdom and Switzerland)
||Not exceeding 50 g
Hong Kong Island
- General Post Office
- King's Road
- Morrison Hill
- Central Mail Centre
- Wong Tai Sin
- Tsim Sha Tsui
- Cheung Sha Wan
- Kowloon City
- Bulk Air Mail Centre
- Sha Tin Central
- Yuen Long
- Shek Wu Hui
- Kwai Fong
- Tsuen Wan
- Tai Po
- Tuen Mun Central
- Sai Kung
Please click here to see the bulk posting acceptance hours.